Monday, February 18, 2008

Conflict and Compromise pt. II.

Due to the nature of the theme I want to express (see my previous post), I don't think I would want to make the conflict of my play very action oriented. The theme I would like to communicate revolves mostly around an internal discrepancy; this necessitates that my conflict remains mostly internal. The protagonist of my play will be a man of about twenty-five years living in a city, painting and attempting to sell his work. Throughout the course of the play, it will become apparent that the man is troubled by the degree to which he feels he's dependent upon other people's monetary encouragement. Eventually he will come to the realization that there's nothing wrong with wanting to feel appreciated. Because I plan on my play functioning mainly as an exploration of a young man's psychological functions, it will probably be best to present my play as a conversation between two people. The conflict I have in mind is internal, so it would be easiest to communicate through conversation as opposed to physical action.

No comments: